Getting cross, irritable and snap at people when you don’t really mean to?
Frustrated and depressed?
Feel your life is out of control?
Push yourself too hard and beyond your tolerance level?
You are suffering stress!
Main causes of stress include:
Shouldering a heavy workload; reaching the expectations others set for you; constantly having to perform the job.Conflict with colleague or costumers.
The breakdown of a relationship; the loss of loved one (such as death of a spouse or truly loved one), divorce or marital separation.
Taking on extra work; heavy training sessions
The consequence of stress can be:
- Hormonal imbalance:pre-menstrual syndromes;
- Low blood sugar: result from poor diet or inadequate exercise. possible stress-related digestive disorders;
- Poor immune function: Caused by poor diet and lifestyle. Recurring allergies such as hayfever and food sensitivities;
- Possibly result in chronic infection;
- Anxiety or panic attack;
- Hypertension or High Cholesterol;
How does acupuncture help relieve stress?
Acupuncture help stimulate the body to “heal itself”. For all stress related symptoms acupuncture is a safe and very effective management method.
Acupuncture treatment can help reduce the Stress Hormone, restore and natural balance of the physical, emotional and mental functions.
Generally during and after acupuncture treatment you would feel much calmer, more relaxed and aware the improvement of your well-being.
Many researches found that acupuncture can help release Endorphin which is a “Happy Hormones” making people feel relaxed and calm.
How many sessions do I need acupuncture for stress?
Most likely you will experience a great feeling from the very first treatment. However acupuncture gives increasing benefits with each treatment. A course of treatment has a greater effect.
The frequency and duration of acupuncture treatment for stress varies according to individual”s condition. Generally twice treatment per week is necessary from the beginning. Once the symptoms have improved, it can be reduced to once a week or fornightly, or even monthly.
Questions we may ask about your stress problems:
- Are you having trouble sleeping? Do you seem to toss and turn all night?
- Do you experience definite swings in your moods? Do you get depressed easily?
- Are you irritable and feeling continually frustrated?
- Do you feel tired, short-tempered?
- Do you have difficulty making decisions and often display poor judgement?
- Do you have trouble remembering things?
- Are you having trouble coping with life?
Tips other than acupuncture to help relieve stress
- Try to have regular physical exercises, such as walking, running. Yoga and Taiji are great to relieve stress.
- Try to avoid caffeine, alcohol and smoking
- Write down your plan and set realistic goals
- Hang out with your friends
- Breathing exercises
- Chinese herbal medicine can help relieve stress