Natural Ways to Decrease Oestrogen
Eat cruciferous vegetables
- broccoli is the star but eating plenty of green vegetables of the cruciferous family help the liver metabolise oestrogen.
- Other cruciferous vegetables include: Bok-Choy, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chinese cabbage, Daikon radish, Horseradish, Kale, Radish, Turnip and Watercress.
Eat high fibre foods to help oestrogen bind in the bowel and assist elimination.
- One source suggests that eating 1/2 cup of raw grated carrots can be enough fibre to assist in elimination
Decrease alcohol consumption
- Assist the liver by drinking St Mary’s Thistle and Dandelion tea
Eat a no sugar and no gluten diet
- sugar and gluten are both highly inflammatory in susceptible people so should be avoided when possible
Be mindful of too many vitamins, supplements, medications and even caffeine that all need to be processed by the liver, where possible space them out through the day.
Chinese herbal medicine
Some Chinese herbal medicine /formula may help assist in balance your hormone. You may contact us for details.
Natural Ways to Increase Progesterone
- google progesterone steal if you are more interested in how stress affects progesterone levels
- 750 mg vitamin C per day (increased progesterone 77% and improved fertility)
- 600 mg vitamin E (increased progesterone in 67% of patients)
- 6 g L-arginine (increased progesterone in 71% of patients)
Increasing beta carotene in your diet, as found in:
- Apricots, Asparagus, Broccoli, Carrots, Chinese cabbage, Chives, Dandelion leaves, Grapefruit, Herbs and spices – chilli powder, oregano, paprika, parsley, Kale, Onions, Peas, Peppers, Plums, Pumpkin, Spinach, Squash, Sweet potatoes. So again, get onto those carrots!
- Vitex Agnus Castus 1000mg daily
- Black Cohosh or as we call it in Chinese Medicine ‘Sheng ma’ on days 1 to 12 (increases progesterone and fertility).
Improving insulin sensitivity (for example metformin increases progesterone levels 246%, chromium supplementation can help in regulating blood sugar in combination with a low sugar and low carbohydrate diet)
- Replacing saturated fat in the diet with unsaturated fat
- Eating a high protein, low carbohydrate diet
- Lowering TSH levels in subclinical hypothyroidism
Chinese herbal medicine
Some Chinese herbal medicine /formula may help assist in balance your hormone. Contact us for details.