IVF Acupuncture support
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine have been used to treat infertility both for men and women for a few thousand years. Recently a number of clinical studies have shown a significant increase in pregnancy rates in women undergoing in vitor fertilization (IVF)
At Almond Chinese Medicine Acupuncture Centre, our acupuncture IVF support programme is based on these evidence-based protocols. We have designed a number of treatment plans which your practitioner will discuss which suits you the best.
Acupuncture on the day of embryo transfer
- Two acupuncture treatment on the day of embryo transfer: One before the transfer and another one after.
- Each treatment lasts from 25 to 30 minutes.
Acupuncture before and during the medication phase of IVF
Clinical trials have shown that acupuncture treatment before and during IVF increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. In addition, acupuncture appears to regulate fertility hormones which may contribute to follicle development and increased implantation. These trials reported increased pregnancy rates based on this protocol.
- Two treatments per week for six weeks before egg retrieval (optimal) plus
- treatment at the time of embryo transfer (schedule 1)
Acupuncture three days after egg collection
We recommend that you have an acupuncture treatment three days after egg collection to help prepare a calm environment for the arrival of an embryo for day five transfers. This treatment can be combined with the programs above.
- One treatment 2~3 days after the egg collection
Acupuncture for frozen embryo transfer including donor eggs
Acupuncture treatment before and during IVF increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. And acupuncture appears to regulate fertility hormones which may help follicle development and inprove implantation.
- Two treatments per week for four weeks before embryo transfer, plus treatment on the day of transfer.